XAMPP: Another web server daemon with ssl is already running !
well, yo guys. I’m gonna tell you another error of linux. We will still discuss XAMPP again. The last time i tell you about XAMPP : Couldn’t start MySQL ! . Dang -_______-, still around XAMPP. ok, don’t talk too much. I hate that. The reason why The error above appeared was because there is another apache starting at the same time on the same port. That’s why, the apache in XMPP cannot even start. I have no screeshot so i just write the error statement in terminal :
the error was taken from here : http://numericalstuff.wordpress.com/linux/xampp-another-daemon-is-already-running-issue/
root@ecds-09:~# /opt/lampp/lampp start
the result is:
Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.7.7…
XAMPP: Another web server daemon is already running.
XAMPP: Another MySQL daemon is already running.
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD…
XAMPP for Linux started.
i just discuss my problem not other. about the web server. there are many ways to solve this. But my version is just to uninstall this another Apache 2.2.22 in synaptic package manager.
another version i got from here : 1version
1) To stop apache2 server. Just type in terminal: sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
The web server apache2 will be stopped now.
it’s the choice from error above :
2) To stop MySQL. Just type in terminal: sudo /etc/init.d/mysql stop
To start lampp, just type again: /opt/lampp/lampp start
another version i got from here too : 2version
this way, we change the port …
1. Open the file /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf
2. Search the “Listen 80” and change it to some other port (e.g. Listen 2145) (Line No. 40)
3. Open the file /opt/lampp/etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
4. Search the “Listen 443” and change it to some other port (e.g. Listen 16443) (Line No. 39)
5. Open the file “/opt/lampp/lampp”
6. Search for the port “testport 80” and replace it to “testport 2145”. Also change the “testport 443” to “testport 16443”. (Happens to be the Line No. 197, 214)
7. Now go and run “/opt/lampp/lampp start”. (It should work now).
that’s all guys for today. We will wait for another error. see ya !
Owner of This Blog